Coupon advertising is increasing in most parts of the world, mainly because of the slide in the economy. More than 50% shoppers in the country are using the coupons. Businesses are using coupons to ensure a steady flow of customers to their premises. Businesses can benefit from the best strategy of using coupons to promote or advertise the business. Here are the main reasons for businesses to use coupon advertising.
- Coupons attract customers shopping from your competitors. They will prefer to use coupons provided by your business as they will be able to redeem the coupon.
- It increases the market area. When customers get valuable to redeem a coupon, they will be willing to travel long distances to reach your shop.
- Sometimes, customers may stop buying things or products from your shop as you and the competitor are sold at the same cost. When they find that they can benefit from your coupons, they may return to your shop.
- When customers get coupons, they come to the store for purchasing certain items and they will also buy some related items leading to additional sales.
- This is very important as it brings more potential customers into the store. There will be many impulsive buyers among them and your sales will increase.
- Advertising coupons can get transferred to other family members or friends who are interested in buying a particular item on offer or at a discount. This will help in reaching to customers other than regular customers.
- When customers come to get the coupons redeemed, they will develop a relationship between your business and the customer and there are chances that they will come back to make more purchases in the future.
To get maximum benefits from coupon advertising, it is necessary to make offers of discounts, bonuses, or premiums through the coupon. It is necessary to make the coupons as attractive as possible and use commanding or compelling headlines. Attaching your business coupons to online listings of businesses is a good way to advertise the business.